Rachel Pellegrino is the founder and publisher of Little Lamb Books, an independent trade publisher of faith-based fiction for elementary, middle grade, and young adult readers. Launched in 2015 Little Lamb Books is building a reputation of giving young readers and young adults creative stories, intriguing characters, and interesting worlds from a faith perspective. Based in Texas, Rachel talks with her hands, prefers Pepsi to coffee, and has a growing plush lamb collection.
Little Lamb Books is always searching for strong, entertaining, and faith-driven fiction for kids of all ages. We do not currently produce board books nor are we looking for stories that merely re-tell biblical stories. Also, we are currently NOT looking for cookbooks, horror, thrillers, science fiction, fairies, or magic.
We are looking for the following:
- Picture books and chapter books with stories that have humor, big hearts, and unforgettable voices.
- Picture books that focus on holidays and celebrations, like Fourth of July, Grandparent’s Day, Easter, etc. but in a unique, humorous, or fun way.
- Chapter books that are silly, but have a great story from beginning to end written with a boy main character and his best friends (think Little Rascals or Sandlot for the upper elementary ages).
- Would love to see books for lower or upper middle grade girls that aren’t all about romance, but aren’t just childish topics either.
- Totally have a weakness for MG stories involving libraries, mysteries, and scavenger hunts, and would love to find contemporary ‘coming of age’ stories that make you laugh-out-loud and have a layer of heart from a relatable voice.
- If you have a YA set during camp—summer camp, Bible camp, family camping trip—in the following subgenres: romance, action/adventure, or mystery.
- Would also love to find a contemporary story with strong familial relationships and positive friendships.
- A sweet faith-based romance or heartbreaking love triangle would be nice, too.
- And I have a weakness for a good dystopian.